Although I just did a Costco Series post last week, I wanted to do another one because I found lots of new healthy snacks that are wonderful and I also wanted to share a few staples that I always buy. If you’d like to see the healthy and organic choices from last week go here.
Let’s get right to this weeks finds…
1. Toasted Natural Sesame Seeds ~ I love the flavor sesame seeds brings to dishes and it will go well with the stir-fry veggies I bought (#2 of this post).
2. Stir-fry Vegetable Blend ~ Costco sells another stir-fry blend that comes with its own sauce, sesame seeds and cashews but the sauce is not gluten-free, so I can never eat it with my family. I bought these so that I can add my own gluten-free sauce, sesame seeds (#1) and cashews. It’s always nice when I can make one meal and not have to make a separate one for me.
3. Shredded Cheddar and Jack Cheese ~ This is an absolute must at our house at all times. We use it for quesadillas, omelettes, nachos or anything that we want to melt cheese on.
4. Cauliflower Florets ~ Another staple in our house, because by now you must know how many veggies we eat.
5. Red Potatoes ~ This variety of potatoes are one of my favorites, I make them many different ways. I’m looking forward to trying a new recipe for smashed potatoes by Ina Garten which I will be sharing on my Cookbook Series starting this week.
6. Stacy’s Organic Pita Chips ~ We usually buy these every week. We like to eat them with hummus. I’ve decided to try to make fresh hummus, I have a few different recipes to try. I’m thinking once I have fresh hummus I won’t want to buy it premade again. I’ll let you know.
7. Fresh Lemons ~ I bought this for the hummus that I’m going to make but I use lemons in lots of different recipes and we also like slices in our water. My lemon tree I just planted this summer has lots of lemons but they’re not ripe yet. I’m so excited to have my own lemon tree and never have to buy lemons anymore.
8. Pecorino Romano Cheese ~ We like freshly grated cheese on pasta and I also have a new recipes that is calling for freshly grated Parmesan, so I’m using this.
9. Pace Picante Sauce ~ This has to be in my house at all times if I want a happy household.
10. Campari Tomatoes ~ Really delicious and a nice size to slice for sandwiches.
11. Albacore Tuna in Water ~ My husband LOVES my tuna fish sandwiches and tuna casserole, so I always keep this in my pantry just for him.
12. Chinese Chicken Salad ~ Or should I say Chinese NO Chicken Salad. My vegetarian daughters love this salad but we never add the chicken. It’s actually great without it, just add lettuce and it comes with everything else. There are 2 complete salads in each pack. If you haven’t tried this it’s really good and a complete meal all on its own.
13 Finlandia Cheese Slices ~ I keep this as a staple at all times for sandwiches or served with crackers. My family loves this.
14. Hadley Pitted Dates ~ We use dates a lot in smoothies but I’m also trying to eat these when I need something sweet in lieu of candy or cookies.
15. Crispy Crunchy Organic Chickpeas ~ OK this is it!!! These roasted chickpeas are the most wonderful snack, packed with protein which is great for my little vegetarians. I can’t stop eating them. Skye and I like to eat them with Gouda cheese and strawberries. The combo is really good. So glad I found these, run out and get them right now.
16. Super Seeded Multi-Grain Gluten-Free Bread ~ This is a really nice gluten-free bread. As with most gluten-free bread, it’s better toasted. This is really close to regular bread. I like the heartiness and the seed flavors are delicious.
17. Kettle Brand Sea Salt & Vinegar Chips ~ I love the Kettle brand but honestly not a fan of salt and vinegar chips but the rest of my family loves them.
18. Boudin Organic Seeds & Grain Sourdough Bread ~ I’ve got a family that are big fans of Boudin Restaurants and really love the bread. This one is new and my husband said it’s so great. Not gluten-free though (insert sad face emoji here).
19. Organic Fruit Stretch ~ This is a great take-a-long snack, for your kids lunches or if you’re snack mom. All natural and organic ingredients. Just fruit. Love it.
20. Organic Blueberry Pomegranate Squares ~ 100% addicting and oh so good!!!
21. Organic Fruit, Seed & Nut Clusters ~ These look amazing and all natural ingredients. I can’t have them because they are not gluten-free but they look so good.
22. Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic ~ This is a quick side dish to have on hand, pop it in your microwave for a healthy side dish or top it with some veggies. I like this but to be honest it’s got too much of a garlic flavor to it, I never thought I could ever say that since I love garlic but I know lots of people who love it. It is really easy and it’s good, just not great. Worth a try though.
23. Organic Black Bean & Corn Salsa ~ Cannot wait to try this, looks so yummy. All fresh and organic ingredients.
24. Organic Long Grain Brown Rice ~ I love the convenience of the frozen brown rice which I showed you in my last Costco post, but Costco is sometimes out of it. This is a great staple to keep in your pantry. You can always make some ahead of time and keep it in your refrigerator for convenient meals.
25. Organic Garden Medley Tortilla Chips ~ Great alternative to regular tortilla chips.
26. Brown & Red Rice with Chia & Kale ~ Same brand as #22 and it doesn’t have garlic, so I’m going to give it a try. This seems like a good and healthy side dish to keep in the pantry for a quick meal.
27. Organic Raw Honey ~ Always like to keep honey on hand for many recipes, but my favorite is gluten-free toast with peanut butter, banana slices and honey, okay sometimes I leave off the bananas. Yummy!
28. Green Pea Crisps ~ A nice alternative to chips. Great for kids lunches too.
29. Hemp Heart Bar ~ Can’t wait to give these a try. All natural ingredients for a healthy snack.
30. That’s It Fruit Bar ~ Just like it says, that’s it, only fruit in each bar. Gluten-free, vegan and raw. Hope these are good because I love finding healthy snacks.
31. Nutella ~ Another family staple. We use it on toast, as a dip or in recipes but the family favorite is on a crepe with strawberries, bananas, whip cream and chocolate sauce. Amazing!!!
32. Corn Tortillas ~ Simply a must in our household at all times. We love vegetarian tacos or just with melted cheese.
So that’s it for this Costco run. As you can see I found lots of healthy snacks and I find lots of my staples there. You can’t beat the prices and with the large sizes, it keeps my pantry and refrigerator full of healthy choices.
Thanks for stopping by and look for my Cookbook Series to start again this week. I will be sharing recipes from Ina Garten’s Make It Ahead Cookbook. I’m a big fan of Ina’s and everything she makes looks so good. Can’t wait to make my way through this cookbook. I hope you come along for the ride.