Here is the second installment of my Trader Joe’s series. This is my go to store for most of my groceries, but I also get flowers, gifts, gift cards and holiday items here.
Here’s my list of goodies for Part 2 of The Trader Joe’s Series…
1. Spinach and Kale Bites ~ Warm these in the oven for a great snack or even for breakfast. They taste a bit like a mini quiche. Healthy and tasty. Kids and adults both like these. I cook them a bit longer than stated on the package directions.
2. TJ’s Whole Kernel Canned Corn ~ This little can of corn is a great staple to keep in your pantry. It’s always sweet and fresh. Warm it as a side dish or straight out of the can on salads. I serve it as is, because the flavor is so delicious.
3. Island Soyaki ~ a unique teriyaki sauce or marinade for meat, poultry, fish, tofu and vegetables. We use this on stir fried noodles and vegetables and serve it over rice. It’s also a terrific marinade for Salmon. My youngest daughter is addicted to this stuff.
4. Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal and Apples & Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal ~ These are great when you want something warm in your tummy first thing in the morning and don’t have enough time to cook. Think of those rushed school mornings or kids eager to get outside on a nice summer day. Particularly, lovely on a cold day and it really sticks with you until lunch. No added sugar needed, perfectly delicious as is.
5. Hold the Cone ~ These mini ice cream cones in chocolate and vanilla are a great little treat that satisfies the sweet tooth without overindulging in calories. Nice summer treat and they’re super cute too.
6. White Bean and Basil Hummus ~ Just found this little goody recently. This hummus has a lovely fresh basil flavor and is wonderful with cut up veggies but would also be great on a veggie sandwich. We’ve been snacking on it all summer, we also ate it on a recent vacation on our 7 hour car trek. I always try and take healthy snacks when we travel.
7. Roasted & Salted Sunflower Seeds ~ Another way to snack healthy. I keep these in my pantry in a jar for snacking and we never go traveling without these. It’s not a trip to my husband unless he’s snacking on these.
8. Dark Chocolate with Almonds (also comes in milk chocolate) ~ small size imported Belgium chocolate bars, think gourmet Hershey bars. It’s chocolate what else do I have to say…YUM!!!
9. Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax & Chis Seeds ~ Peanut Butter with a healthy punch. Tastes yummy and is so good for you. Great way to boost up those PB&J sandwiches.
10. Three Cheese Pomodoro Pasta Sauce ~ Trader Joe’s has lots of delicious pasta sauces but this is my daughters favorite. It’s has a nice light flavor and a bit creamier than a regular tomato sauce but for my cheese lovers, a little sprinkle of Parmesan on top of this makes it even better.
11. Peanut Butter and Jelly Nonfat Greek Yogurt ~ bought this purely because it peaked my interest because who doesn’t love a good PB&J sandwich. All in all got a thumbs up from my family, although more as a novelty in our household. I’d give it a try if you have little kids and see what they think.
12. Organic Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers ~ Since we seem to be on a peanut butter roll…these have been on constant snack rotation since my girls where little, you’d find little baggies of these in the back of my car, in my purse or in the kids lunches. One of my girls is an adult and the other one a teenager but I still keeps these on hand. Another good travel food.
13. Wasabi Roasted Seaweed Snack (also comes in plain) ~ this is a constant snack in my oldest daughter’s college dorm room for her and her friends. They LOVE these. For my girl, who doesn’t like spicy, she actually prefers the Wasabi. Another great, healthy snack. Vegan and Gluten Free.
14. Mochi Ice Cream ~ These come in a few flavors, my youngest daughter likes the chocolate and strawberry. She is hooked on these things and has gotten lots of her friends hooked on them too. Small bite size pieces makes a nice sweet snack without going overboard on sugar.
15. Candied Pecans ~ a nice addition to salads, I just throw these on top. Romaine lettuce, crumbled feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, tossed with a raspberry vinaigrette with the candied pecans on top…makes for an easy, breezy salad.
16. Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip ~ a nice, light, healthy dip for veggies or pita chips. Great for summer snacking.
Hope you enjoyed this installment of the Trader Joe’s Series.
All the best,